#1330. Your favourite photographs of November 2023

By pascaljappy | Art & Creativity

Dec 17

Here is our monthly collection of favourite photographs for the month of November 🙂 Thank you to all who participated!

Leslie Ashe

Deigh Bates

Paul Barclay

Philippe Berend

Proofs of life. Of intelligent life?

David Brookover

Bernard Dubois

Frank Field

Bluff at Galleon’s Point, Minus Tide, Study I

Lunar High Tide, Galleon’s Point

Michael Fleischer

Dave Harrington

Two from the Zakim Bridge connecting Boston and Cambridge.

Jesper Hundebøl

Steve Mallett

I have recently been experimenting with film. This is not some nostalgia trip for the smell of chemicals and red lights in a cupboard; I never did that and most of my ‘tog learning has been in the digital era. I just wanted to experiment with shoot and wait weeks to see what I’d got. These three images were taken using my Minolta 807si and Tri-X film. There is a feel to them that I love.

he building on the edge of the cliff on the right is St Teresa’s Convent and Rest Home, where my Mum died during lockdown so there is an emotional quotient in the image for me.

All photos are SOOC apart for cropping and straightening.

David Massolo

Pascal Ollier

Peter Oosthuizen

Luca Pascotto

Paul Perton

-4C in the marina

-4C in the marina

Mist, sun, freezing morning at Priory Lake

Kent Phelan

Photograph made on Vashon Island, WA. Nikon Z7 Monochrome (converted), Voigtlander 28mm f2 Ultron II lens, Leica red filter.

Vladimir Riha

Bob Sessions

Iguana at the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens in Delray Beach, Florida

Sunset at Key Largo beach, Florida

In Clyde Butcher’s cypress swamp near the Everglades

Lad Sessions

Chris Stump

Dallas Thomas

3 more from Scotland.

Ian Varkevisser

Firing of the 9 inch muzzle loader @ 11.00am on 11/11 to commemorate armistice day

Testing out a Fuji X100v at a product function.

Lady Magnolia burlesque dancer and photo bomber.

Kristian Wannebo

Sloe

Sneaking snake searching
shelter from the coming cold
 – late in the autumn.

Waiting for winter

John Wilson

Mud and Shadow – 1

Mud and Shadow – 2

Staircase and Shadow

If I were to even attempt to comment on this extraordinary selection of photos, I’d be here till breakfast time, and you’d never be able to deal with it all anyway. So I won’t – I’ll just congratulate you all and thank all of you.
    I will add one comment though – Frank Field posted a couple of photos at Galleon Point, and the image at Lunar High Tide, plus the colours of both photos, reminded me of a pastel I did once, of a seascape similar to the “Lunar High Tide” tide one but with a richer splash of colour from the golden hour. And when I had it framed, and took it to the office, my partners were horrified – one of them said “but you can’t paint the sea bright orange” – to which I retorted “you’re only saying that because I just DID!”
    I must say, this group is FAR more polite, about other people’s works. I don’t “get” why some people make remarks like that. But then I’ve never understood a great deal of the “negative” behaviour of other human beings, so I shouldn’t be surprised, I guess.

for the good laugh
      you gave me with
      “but you can’t paint the sea bright orange”!

Some people just don’t see and express their astonishment – or worse – their limitation (to to say it kindly).

I’ve quoted this Peanuts strip before, but I think it can bear repeating:

It’s the same with snow, some become surprised when you show them (on a sunny day) that snow isn’t only white but yellow and blue, and that shadows are blueish…

• Michael Keppler says:

What a wonderful selection! It’s a real pleasure to browse through the many different pictures. And for better or worse, I’m going to start planning my next trip to Japan….

• Lad Sessions says:

These are all wonderful! I wouldn’t want to single out any of them, just thank all the skillful photogs for sharing their talent.

• Dallas Thomas says:

Cracking set of images congrats.

Ha! What a collection! The quality, the diversity, the quantity! Lesley Ashe and Deigh Bates’ awesome landscapes. And Paul Barclay’s. And Japan à la Brookover. And India à la Pascal Ollier. Fabulous flowers from Peter Oosthuizen. A unique style of drawing and composition from Paul Perton. And Bob Sessions’ iguana and sunset. And Dallas Thomas’ Scotland, and Ian Varkevisser’s people shots. And WW (Wannebo and Wilson). Awesome trees and shadows! Wow, reading and reviewing this post is INTENSE. And a sense of betrayal towards those I haven’t mentioned. Apologies for that to you, kudos and congrats to the ones I mentioned. This is photography at its best. Or almost best, because where are Pascal’s always-so-inspiring images?

• Richard says:

Nice collection, and great diversity of imagery!
    Would it be possible to provide additional photo site links, like Instagram, etc, to see more of submitter’s work if possible?

• Ian Varkevisser says:

Hi Richard

On all blog posts I make here if you scroll down to the bottom of the article , just before the comments section there is always 2 buttons ( links ) to my other social media posts. FB ( Facebook ) and IG ( Instagram )

• Chris Stump says:

I agree with all previous comments. Just too much great work to know where to start..but Leslie and Lad’s nature work, and Peter’s flowers really stand out to me.

All so very good!

• Leonard says:

My goodness, we are getting good at this, are we not. And so many of us now. Very happy.

I really enjoyed spending time with this collection of stunning images – kudos to one and all!

for a lovely time in front of my screen!
    Especially with such a wide collection of great Photos – and not one to pass over!

• Ian Varkevisser says:

wide stuff, natural stuff, trashy stuff, blurry stuff, cultural stuff, calm stuff, dive stuff, architectural stuff, wheelie stuff, confusing stuff, cold stuff, its the christmas stuffing edition all. But no fearless leader stuff a blessed season to all.

• Steve Mallett says:

Wow! What a fantastically diverse and inspiring collection, thank you everyone. If there’s a better photo blog out there I’ve never seen it!

• John Wilson says:

I’m with J-P. Trying to pick a favourite out of this collection is like trying to choose the most beautiful child in a roomful of beautiful children. Give them all a shiny medal and a double scoop of ice cream.
    And a HUGE special Thank You to PJ for organizing this monthly feast.

Well Done All.

• Mel says:

What a bounty of wonderful images. A Thanksgiving feast for the eyes. Also, nice to see people appearing amongst the pixels. Thanks, everyone. So many DearSusans doing so well.

• PaulB says:

This is another wonderful set of images, and once again I am humbled to be included. I was surprised to see several subjects that I have tried and not had as much success with, as well as a couple of placed that I think I may have visited. The collective vision presented here certainly says I need to be out and about more with my camera.

I also want to welcome the new names (to me) associated with these images; Leonard, Richard. Please continue to send us images.

PaulB

• Jon Maxim says:

Since most people have posted a comment that all the photos are great and not one should be singled out, I won’t bother to comment that all the photos are great and not one should be singled out.

Seriously, congratulations everybody on a lovely body of work. I agree DS has the best selection of images that resonate with me. Perhaps I’ll have the courage to post some of my own some day.