Although regularly voted one of the world’s best travel photography blogs on the planet, if not in the whole universe, DearSusan has suffered from one major flaw since its inception: centralisation. Up to recently, there were no solutions to correct this, but now we can finally move on!
So the first move for us, will be to buy a domain on ENS.
This will have two effects. (1) The URL will no longer be dearsusan.net but dearsusan.eth (2) You will no longer access this site via a browser but through virtual reality goggles on the 11 foot widescreen of my MetaMansion, or via MetaMask, Opera, Brave, or another compatible browser, if you really must. #Looser
I’ve been in talks with Mark Zuckerberg to provide significant rebates on those goggles to all DS readers. He’s doing this as a special favour, because of all the nice things I’ve written about Facebook over the years.
Being decentralised will also mean we cannot be censored by the police.
So, we can now start using other people’s photographs in our posts rather than go to the trouble of actually going outdoors to shoot. #SaveThe(Crypto)Whales. It will still be illegal, but no one will be able to stop us.
Even better, we can be total rebels, not far from terrorists, and post photographs of people’s faces on the blog. Actual faces. Or rude words. Yeah baby! #TransgressionRules.
The great side effect for contributors is that you will be paid for your posts. Each of us needs to create a new username, obviously. From now on, I will be @TogMasterAbsolute3188. Easy to remember.
The maths is still being sorted out. But this expansion from collaborative to decentralised will make you all rich. Real passive income for life with no efforts, from the warmth of your infinity pool sipping vodka martini with 11 top models, and all using other people’s photographs. Here’s how this should play out:
We will create our own crypto, the $ONTAG. I will grant myself an initial issuance of 97.9% (#DecentralisationRules) and the other 2.1% will be sent automatically to contributor wallets. In order to replicate the rising scarcity of lithium (gold is so 2009) those 2.1% will be split into 21 000 000 $ONTAGs, each further subdivided into 1 000 000 $USANs. That way, when each $ONTAG is worth 1 million dollars, you will still be able to spend smaller amounts by cashing in your $USANs for some filthy fiat currency of your choice to buy bling IRL #PimpTheLambo. The first 100 contributions will receive 1000 $USANs (1000 $USANs, think about it!!!), and each further block of 100 contributions will see the reward drop by 10%. Since there will never be more than 21 000 000 $ONTAGS, the value of each contribution will rise even though it brings you fewer $USANS. #GoDeflationaryAssets #SatoshiRules.
Now, you may worry about the environmental cost of all this, particularly in the light of the recent IPCC report. Oh man, if I had a $USAN everytime someone asked me that … The reality is noone gives a $HIT. So it’s all good, #ChillPill #ThumbsUp #StopFakeNews
Extraordinarily, non contributors are not left out of this revolution. #InclusivityRules
They will be able to subscribe to DearSusan for 0.1 ETH per year and browse up to 10 articles a month. Since all the photographs on the pages will, from this point onwards, be NFTs, the owner of each NFT will receive 1 $USAN everytime a photograph is viewed! All source files will be 100% safely stored on a 1996 Windows laptop I have lying around. So, contributors will get filthy rich, which is the only thing in the world that matters. #TruDat
If a subscribing non-contributor wishes to invest in works to display on the walls of their Decentraland, Sandbox or Meta (#giggles) mansion, prices will be indicated below each photograph and subscribers will be offered a 2.1% rebate on those. Every image bought will be visible on DS and in the new owner’s mansion. Non-subscribers non-contributors will be able to view the text but only low resolution of the remaining images. In order to view the high resolution version, they will need to click on it and pay 0.01 ETH for each click (they can also buy the work at 21 times the indicated price, DS’s cut being 21%). 3 $USANs will be sent to the new owner of the NFT every time this happens!!!! #SelflesnessAlways #PassiveFortune
I hope the extent of my brilliance and generosity quickly permeates your consciousness as, in these affairs, first movers always reap the greatest rewards.
Dilly dally not. This is the opportunity of a lifetime.
The sky is literally the limit.
Hurry! Soon this image will be worth more than the boat itself!
Never miss a post
Like what you are reading? Subscribe below and receive all posts in your inbox as they are published. Join the conversation with thousands of other creative photographers.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.