Sony A7r review page
All the articles published about the Sony A7R or about lenses used on this wonderful camera centralised in one place. Some are formal reviews, others describe the camera on location.
Alternative lenses on the Sony A7R
- Leica-M or Leica-R: which Red Dot for your Sony A7r? (December 2014) The marriage between top M-mount lenses and the world’s best 24x36mm sensor didn’t turn out to be as happy as hoped. Could the cheaper R-stable from Leica also turn out to be the better option, optically?
- Leica Elmarit-R 19mm f/2.8 version 2 on the Sony A7r, (March 2014). A stunningly good ultrawide with none of the M-mount issues.
- Leica Summicron-R 50mm f/2 on the Sony A7r, (January 2014). A lens for the artist that’s not quite ready to leave sharpness at home.
- Leica Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm f/1.8 on the Sony A7r (April 2014). Beautiful balance between technical qualities and natural goodness.
- Leica Apo-Telyt-M 135mm f/3.4 on the Sony A7r, (January 2014). The high-contrast long-ranger with subtlety.
- First impressions: the Magnificent Seven (December 2013). Does it get any better than this? Not at any similar price/handling point, it doesn’t. A marvelous camera.
- The Zeiss Sonnar 2,8/35 ZA jewel in the A7r crown Looking at a lense that (almost) scores a perfect 10.
- A spotty flaw in the A7r + Zeiss FE 35/2.8 combo (December 2013). Ouch-time for those looking forward to producing lovely sun-stars with the A7R + Zeiss FE 35/2.8 ZA.
- Low-light long exposures with the Sony A7r (December 2013) Noise, artefacts …
- The Sony FE55 in Tibet (April 2014). A review of the Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA on the Sony A7r by Philip Partridge.
Points of View
- The Sony A7r in Iceland with legacy lenses (March 2014) : a hands-on point of view after a week of shooting in Iceland’s most beautiful locations (part 3 of a multiple-episode series)
- Just how important is the new Sony A7r (December 2013) : A personal point of view by contributor Philippe on the A7R’s place in the market place, strengths and weaknesses.
Pre-launch banter and speculation (still worth a read) 🙂
- Looking at my next camera : the Sony A7r Looking forward to a potential game changer.
- Are the new Zeiss / Sony lenses for the A7 camera too expensive?
- Is the new Zeiss 35/2.8 Z better than the RX1 ?
- Sony A7 launch. What have we learned ?
DearSusan.net has no ties with Sony or interest in promoting Sony’s products. These are unbiased opinions from our authors, not always in agreement.
Have fun reading them and feel free to reply, comment, disagree or ask for specific areas to be explored.